What about iron balusters and guardrails?

do we need to design the iron balusters and railing systems? If so where do
we get info in terms allowable values.
Are there any text books that have pretty much standard construction details
for different kinds of railing and guardrail systems.
Same thing goes for stairs.
any comments will be appreciated

Mil Gracias,
(thank you)