Re: Release of Calcs.

Fountain Conner wrote:

> The law may decent, but is not applied with equity.
>
> The licensing board apparently has no jurisdiction over unlicensed people.

In Louisiana (and Texas) they don't hesitate to take down someone who is
unlicensed, or just not licenced in Louisiana.  I'm surprised the Florida law
doesn't have a way to go after unlicensed engineers....that seems to be
counterproductive.  If there's no enforcement method, then why register?

Bart Kemper, P.E.<<

It depends on how the law is written.  It wasn't until quite recently that
the Arizona law permitted the State Board to file complaints against
non-registrants with county attorneys.  A previous executive director of the
State Board used to write letters to non-registrants pointing out the
provisions of the law that was then in effect stating that it was illegal to
practice engineering without being registered.  That usually took care of the
problem.  Now the law has been revised so that complaints can be filed with
county attorneys for action, and if they have enough time between murders,
rapes, domestic violence, assaults, they *might* write the same letter that
the previous executive director used to write.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona