Re: Release of Calcs.

Roger:

I am not explicitly giving them authorization. I am simply trying to
avoid the potential liability derived by their misinterpretation or
misuse of my calculations.

Even if they use my calculations, do I care? I suppose if they cut off
the title block and submit them as their own on another project, that
might get me upset. Is the legal remedy here to sue him? For what?
Copyright infringement?

The more normal case might be an engineer (or architect) using my calcs
as a reference on say a building addition to my original project. What
if they misinterpret what was on my calcs? I don't want that to come
back and haunt me.

If I say that using my calcs is at their own risk, doesn't that protect
me?

Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.