Re: Collectors & Drag Struts

Thanks for your reply. So you would NOT consider the top plate of a shear
wall to be a collector? Nor the top beam in a frame? It seems to me there
is no physical difference. I am trying to apply the Omega factor as per
UBC97 1633.2.6 and the definitions are not clear to me. Also, should the
connection of the diaphragm to the collectors be designed for the Omega
factor?