RE: Offshore Design

"I have travelled overseas to "1st World" (the Old World, Europe) and "3rd
World" countries (we live in the 2nd World, aka "The New World")"

A little OT, but in political science terms, we live in the 1st world.  The
1st world consists of wealthy and developed nations, generally western and
generally allies of the U.S in the cold war.  The 2nd world consisted of the
U.S.S.R. and its allies in the cold war.  The 3rd world consisted of
everyone who was too poor to be of great influence or interest to the
leaders of the first or second world.  These terms are a little outmoded in
modern political terms and few ever used the term 2nd world anyway, although
the 3rd world definition has definitely stuck.  I learned these distictions
by having been chastized by an International Relations graduate researcher
for misusing these terms.

Paul Crocker