RE: Collectors & Drag Struts

>The parallel beams at either end of the frame are collectors. Not the top
>beam. The beams connecting to the ends of the plywood shearwall are
>collectors. Not the top plate.

Wall lines collect shear forces from the roof diaphragm and transfer
lateral loads via detailing at the eave/top-plate connection.  Given a
continuous roof diaphragm with a partial shearwall specified to service
lateral forces within that line, I believe that the top plate will act as a
collector.  You can't push a rope.