masonry & wood[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: masonry & wood
- From: "Mark Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 23:07:39 -0700
Two projects, one retrofit of urm and one retrofit of wood framed residential, two questions:
1. Anyone had success with epoxy anchors in a single wythe wall when retrofitting urm (tension and/or shear)? I've only 8" of wall thickness to work with, cannot use exterior plates with thru bolts due to historical preservation society restrictions on use of grant money. To my knowledge, 13" is the least thickness approved by icbo for epoxy installations. I am considering installing the epoxy anchors and specifying a testing program for a non icbo approved installation in single wythe construction.
2. Are there any plywood shear values out there for 1/2" plywood installed over 3/8" plywood?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Malibu
- Next by Subject: Re: masonry & wood
- Previous by thread: Re: Non Linear Dynamic Analysis and the number of records
- Next by thread: Re: masonry & wood