Re: masonry & wood

Mark-
My experience in URM retrofits typically includes
prequalification testing of epoxied anchors.
Typically, these values (usually with F.S.=2.5) are
higher than the allowable epoxied anchor values.  I
would suggest this, especially because you have a
two-wythe wall.  Usually, five tests are in shear
(torque tested), and five are pull tested to
"failure."

Your plywood shear values will default to whatever
nailing you apply to the 1/2" sheathing.  The 3/8"
shear panel will likely be disregarded.  Well, at
least the building dept. will probably think so.  Can
you add nailing to the (E) 3/8" sheathing?

Hope this helped.

David A. Topete, P.E.
Oakland, CA