QUERY: Use of "Beta" and "Theta" in VisualAnalysis

Sorry to cross-post, but I realize there may be users of VA who are not on the
IESUG mailing list, and I want to understand this.

I note that VA uses botha "Beta" angle and a "Theta" angle to describe the
orientation of the local coordinate system axes with respect to the global.

I am a little puzzled by this, as the description in the dialogue box doesn't
really help me understand the distinction between Theta and Beta. To make
matters more unclear, I note that the input field for Theta is "grayed out"
disallowing input, at least when the member is an HSS section.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks.