Wall anchorage at flexible diaphragms

Hello all,

I'd like to run my understanding of UBC Section 1633.2.8.1 and 1999 SEAOC
"Blue Book" Section C108.2.8.1 & commentary by you all and see if I'm off
base or missing something regarding the component forces to use for "working
stress" levels. Say I have a masonry wall with a wood plate on top that is
fastened to the wall with anchor bolts, roof joists landing on top that are
fastened to the wood plate with Simpson framing anchors, and a plywood
diaphragm nailed to the roof joists.

For working stress design, the following material multipliers are to be used
with the forces derived per Section 1632 for the design of the anchorage
elements:

Masonry (anchor bolt failure mode):  1/1.4 with a 1/3 increase
Anchor bolts themselves:  1.4 times 1/1.4 with a 1/3 increase
Wood plate (anchor bolt failure mode):  0.85 times 1/1.4 with a 1/3 increase
Fastening of framing anchors to wood plate & to roof joists:  0.85 times
1/1.4 with a 1/3 increase
Framing anchors themselves:  1.4 times 1/1.4 with a 1/3 increase
Roof joists & fastening of diaphragm to joists:   0.85 times 1/1.4 with a
1/3 increase

Is this correct?

Regards,
Dave K. Adams, P.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
PH: (559) 688-5263
E-mail: davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com