Re: STEEL: Connecting HSS to HSS for Moment

Thanks, Mark.

FWIW, the structure was "stick built" not manufactured.

And I have found SOME of the answers to my questions, in the AWS D1.1-96
Structural Welding Code-Steel, specifically in Sections 2.39.5, 2.40.2 & 2.42. I
think AWS has done quite a bit of the foundational research for this (although
their code ranks pretty close to the older AASHTO codes in LACK of readability!)

I'm pluggin' away as I write, trying to sort this out.

If you do find such calcs, BTW, and portions are "faxable", let me know.