From: Chris Towne [mailto:ctowne(--nospam--at)chaptech.com]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 8:23 AM
To: SEAINT List Server
Subject: Steel Roof Decking

I specified a 16 gage roof deck for a job and the contractor says that he cannot get it.  He wants to know if he can use 2 layers of 18 gage deck?  I think this would be ok if the two layers were bonded together by welding or other acceptable means.  What do you think?

Chris Towne
Chapman Technical Group
St. Albans, WV 25177