RE: Steel Roof Decking

I have no first hand knowledge but I have heard or read that moisture ends up trapped between two layers of roof deck used as you are proposing.  Serious rusting follows.
-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Towne [mailto:ctowne(--nospam--at)chaptech.com]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 10:23 AM
To: SEAINT List Server
Subject: Steel Roof Decking

I specified a 16 gage roof deck for a job and the contractor says that he cannot get it.  He wants to know if he can use 2 layers of 18 gage deck?  I think this would be ok if the two layers were bonded together by welding or other acceptable means.  What do you think?

Chris Towne
Chapman Technical Group
St. Albans, WV 25177