Re: Concorde crash (was The Engineering Paradigm (WAS Re: Op ..)

> Subject: Re: The Engineering Paradigm (WAS Re: Op

> >Are the planes getting old and rusty
> Lagtest news I heard was the possibility of a piece of debris on the
> runway damaging one of the tires that blew.

So, the question of the day should now turn to ...
Which plane is going to crash next because a chunk of it fell off onto
the runmay in Paris?

I find that the news coverage of the Concorde crash has been totally
tabloid quality. The first interview that I saw tried to determine if
this would be a different type of investigation because of the
supersonic nature of the craft. The interviewee, with out skipping a
beat, simply said, "No." End of story for stuttering reporter. Latest
big issue has been interviews with the (ground survivor) manager of the
Inn. Who cares? I gues that when you have lots of international camera
crews running into each other that you take the person willing to stand
in front of the camera to get the sound bite, a few tears and bandages.
So, as always, we will probably never hear any good information about
the real failures - technical or other.

To follow Fountain's line, I haven't heard any mention of passenger
lists or attempts to obtain passenger lists. Did the secret for KFC's
recipe of 11 herbs and spices or Coke go up in flames ...does the
Russian mafia have a new North American leader ... will the next
swimsuit edition have second rate models?

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International