Re: Underground Structures

Ralph is not one to blow his own horn, so he needs a little prodding.  Yes,
that's right, Ralph did the structural, but the spellings are Ralph Kratz
and Paolo Soleri.  Ralph is a structural engineer in CA, and Paolo Soleri is
an architect who built Cosanti in Scottsdale, AZ, and Arcosanti in Cordes
Junction, AZ (65 miles N of Phoenix).

Magnificent half-dome and arch structures at both sites.  Also partially
buried dome structure.  Both sites are must-sees for all tourists in the
area, especially structural engineers, architects, and artisans.  Perhaps
Ralph can share some of his experiences designing these structures.

Mark Swingle