Re: SEAOC 2000 Convention

Constantine,

My comment is as follows...

The whole notion of a SEAOC Congress for SEAOC membership seems to have
turned into an Oxymoron.

I, and many other dues paying members of SEAOC, cannot afford to attend.
Even if we did have the time.

Airfare is about $450. Hotels another $450.00.  Registration $425. Now we're
at $ 1325.00. Without per diems.

All sports activities are extra.

Plus the RIDICULOUS Late Registration Fee of $50.00

This is what I get for $197.00 annual fee....an invitation to attend a
function I can't afford......

Last time I looked, there were only 200 California Engineers registered....

Am I missing something....or perhaps is SEAOC Leadership the ones who need
to be brought back to reality.....

Jim Korff
SCI

P.S. I certainly hope I don't have to wait six months again for a copy of
the Proceedings, just so we can save a few bucks on mail charges.