Structural vs Political

In an *ideal* world, perhaps we could...

Unfortunately everything we do is political -- Witness the ongoing,
irresolvable problems with the Building Codes.  An "apolitical" engineer
could put together a code with a fraction of the heartburn (Maybe we could
even understand it), except everyone has an axe to grind (financial,
professional pride, whatever).  That's politics!

Like it or not, we *are* in a political environment, and must deal with
political issues.  The current thread is a perfect example.  Has anyone
changed his position or prejudices during the course of this discussion?
We can put any label we want on ourselves, but we all are personally
CONSERVATIVE.

As an aside (and this may be off-topic), a Liberal is someone who wants to
spend *my* money for your programs.  A Conservative is someone who wants to
spend *your* money for my programs -- Maybe not funny, but if the shoe
fits...

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561