Re: Design of Valley Beams

>Let me get this straight.  The valley beams are *overstressed*; is that
>correct?
First, the judge doesn't ask questions. Opposing counsel does. And your
counsel will have an opportunity for cross examination so you (or the
expert your attorney hires) can clarify any mistaken emphasis.

>And you say the system has stood the test of time "pretty well"?
>
>And you say the building's structural system fits within the *narrow* limits

>So are you telling me that this "failed" structure complies with one
>portion of the Code
>
>And you *knowingly* released a design which, by your own admission, was
>"overstressed"?
No judge will try to characterize testimony like this. If 'pretty well'
and 'narrow' are your words you're hanging yourself. No lawyer to blame
for that. And 'failed' and 'overstressed' is left up to the jury to
decide unless your counsel has decided to hang you out to dry by
admitting guilt.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw