Re: SEAOC 2000 Convention

Frankly,

If I had to pay this, there is no way I would be able to go! My bill will run close to $2,200.

However, I was one of the convention chairs this year and found out firsthand that it is expensive putting this kind of thing together. I tried to get as many Young Member scholarships, but the convention is an expensive proposition!

Holding the convention in the Wine Country and lowering the fee to say $200 may have attracted a lot more people and generated a lot more revenue. However, the price hotels chrage will not drop and it is per person. So if you drop the fee you will lose money.

If anyone has an idea on how to put together a convention for around $200 in fee, I would like to hear about it. Not that it is any comfort but other associations charge many times that price.

Constantine