RE: Open Web/LH Steel Joist Splices

It was probably Tex-Arc which is now owned by SMI. But I could be wrong.

FWIW, most welds on open web joists are not the quality of an AWS weld.
Their design and construction spec does not require AWS compliance, per se.
They have their own (CSI) welding standards. The only mention of AWS in the
CSI specs is in relation to the welding rods.

Mark