From: EphHirsch(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:EphHirsch(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 2:28 PM
To: medeardorff(--nospam--at)home.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Staad: Master/Slave Joints

Why should all frames have equal displacement in a given direction if their
individual stiffnesses are different?  The rigid body diaphragm linking them
will insure that the dimensions between them will remain invariant but should
not preclude rotational effects on the rigid body which will lead to
differing global translations for each frame.

Ephraim Hirsch, SE