Re: Structural vs Political: Waaay off topic

--- John Riley <jpriley485(--nospam--at)peoplepc.com> wrote:
> Fountain E. Conner, P.E. wrote:
>
> "As an aside (and this may be off-topic), a Liberal is someone who wants to
> spend *my* money for your programs.  A Conservative is someone who wants to
> spend *your* money for my programs -- Maybe not funny, but if the shoe
> fits..."

> That's not the way I see it.  Both of your definitions are of a Liberal.
>
> As a conservative, I want you to spend your money any way you want, and
> please let me do the same.
>
> John P. Riley, SE
> Riley Engineering
> Blue Grass, Iowa

Ok, I bite.

I you're FOR public schools, you're a conservative.  If you're FOR public
roads, you're a conservative.  If you're FOR marriage laws, you're a
conservative.  If you're FOR a standing army, you're a conservative.

If you're FOR licensure of engineers, you're a conservative.

You might also be a liberal.

If you oppose these things, and any other "public service" that requires
taxation to be maintained, or interferes in the transactions between
individuals, you're a LIBERTARIAN.

Keith Fix, PE, legally married (and hypocrite)
Little Rock, Arkansas