Re: Underground Structures

Mark, thanks for the kind words but I'm afraid all the engineering I've done
there is relatively routine.  The deepest "underground" structure I've been
involved with is no deeper than a typical basement.  Vinod Sahni is talking
about 125' below grade, quite another thing!

The most amazing thing about both Cosanti and Arcosanti is that they've been
built over 40 years with mostly volunteer labor--people of all ages and
interests who spend a month or more experiencing something drastically
different from most people's normal lives.

I second your description of Cosanti and Arcosanti as very interesting places
and well-worth seeing.  Check out www.arcosanti.org.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

P.S.  Mark, have we met?