RE: Angle in Bending

Paul

I'm adding a horizontal truss-like structure to retrofit the diaphragm
anchorage of existing tilt-up walls in aa existing steel roof system.  The
top and bottom (or inside to outside) chords are 10 deep.  I am going to
attach horizontal plates to the centerlines of these chords and attach the
angle webs to these plates.  I have already met the criteria for compression
but I needed to check the combined loading since a small bending moment
occurs due to the eccentricity at the connection.

Thanks for your input as well as J.D., K.C., J.R. & P.T.

Respectfully

Sharon Bonds