Continuing Education

Hello all,

Is anyone familiar with the status of the State of California's official
adoption of continuing education requirements for re-licensure? I'm not up
for renewal until 2002 and don't remember submitting anything last time I
renewed.

For those currently registering continuing education credits, how does the
overseeing agency account for (or do they even take this into consideration)
the reading of engineering periodicals or independent study? Some of the
stuff I remember the most is from what I've studied/refreshed on my own.

Any info or comments would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Dave K. Adams, S.E.
Lane Engineers, Inc.
PH: (559) 688-5263
E-mail: davea(--nospam--at)laneengineers.com