Re: Glass Floors

Charlie,

The supplier has sold many glass floors in many states but he hasn't
heard of ICBO?  C'mon.

The supplier can't even get one licensed professional to stamp the
product.  Not that this one stamp without an ICBO approval would be
enough for us, but all the more reason to be concerned.

I have not encountered glass floors before, but I have encountered many
other unusual products without ICBO approvals with a host of reasons for
not having the approval, takes too long, in the works, too costly, ICBO
is too stringent...  Eventually, these products fade away, as they
should.

If the product can't cut mustard with ICBO, what makes me think I am
better suited to evaluate and accept the product.  No ICBO, no dice.

If I were you and this architect (the design team), and anything goes
wrong with the floor, a crack, something heavy piercing and shattering
the glass, people hurt, falling, getting cut, I would hate to have to
explain, to this home owner, the next person who owns this home, a
parent, a judge, the product has no ICBO approval, is not even signed
off on by one professional engineer, but the supplier told me the
product has worked in many other projects.

If the supplier really does have a good product, then he is going to
have to learn how to play the game if he wants to stay in business.  He
has to have ICBO approvals, perhaps stamped endorsements from some of
these other engineers where the product was used.  Something that I can
stand on other than his word.

Jeff Coronado, S.E.
West Covina, CA