STILL MORE on Angle Bending (WAS Re: MORE on Angle in Bending)

Keith Fix wrote:

> --- Bill Polhemus <bpolhem(--nospam--at)swbell.net> wrote:
> > My question is this: What if I have bending about BOTH geometric axes? Do I
> > then
> > have to resolve the bending moments to the principal axes? In other words, is
> > Section 5.2.2. for angles with bending about ONLY one of the geometric axes?
> >

> Yes.  Enjoy.

Well, I sorta figured that, and I HAVE been "enjoying". In fact, I've come to
the conclusion that I now know why there is no provision for checking the
bending of single angles in any design software that I know of!

Now, I have another question.

Equation (5-5) on page 6-285 of the 2nd Ed. LRFD manual calls for bending
coefficient Cb; however nowhere in section 5.3. where this equation appears is
Cb defined. In the entire chapter it is only defined in one place, in fact:
Section 5.2.2. which is under the heading "Bending about Geometric Axes". There
Cb is given as a definition under Equation (5-4).

>From context I can't tell right off if the Cb definition in Section 5.2.2. is
ALSO the definition to be used in equation (5-5). Can anyone confirm or deny
this for me? Charlie, maybe?