Lumber Grading

During a structural observation, I noticed a couple of headers that looked
pretty bad. On some areas, the corners are chamferred, there is some
blackened or distressed areas and knots on the tension face near midspan.
The design documents specified DF #1. There is a grading mark on the
headers. On one, there is a "DF 1" and, believe it or not, on the other
there is a mark that reads "SEL STR".

Can I reject these pieces of lumber even though they are marked to meeting
specifications?

TIA,

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS