Re: Clarify "Need some advices"

Billy

As far as I remember, Hong Kong is subjected to typhons. Unless
you have access to the regional loading codes for Hong Kong, play
it safe and use the wind load provisions of AS1170.2, Section 4
dynamic analysis. Without anything else to go by, assume the
following:

Region C, Terrain Cat 2.5
i.e Vu=70m/s

I am sure if you contact Stephen Au at the Northern Territory Dept.
of Transport and Works, he would be willing to help you with load
information for Hong Kong. He is an structural engineer I used to
work with and is originally from Hong kong.

His email is:Stephen.Au(--nospam--at)TWPHWY.TW.nt.gov.au

I will email him and inform him you may contact him. Best of luck
with your final year.

Peter McCormack