Re: Check for Floatation

Do *NOT* claim "adjoining states", since that would include Louisiana,
for one, and we have very different soil conditions and water tables
than your location.  Hell...I've been laughing about the "underground
structure" thread....we dont have anything underground in the southern
portion of the state without including the phrase "underwater".  There
are areas within Texas with similar problems, including the
Oklahoma/Texas border in the "bottoms".

I don't see how you can get that certification without a statement
"subject to local soil conditions and approval of local PE/architect" or something.

However, your calcs look fine.

Bart Kemper, P.E.