RE: Nail Slip

Nels-

As Dennis Wish once pointed out, this equation (along with others) is not
dimensionally consistent. I worked an example in Mathcad and converted it to
html. You can view this example at:

http://www.allendesigns.com/sw/shearwalldeflections.htm

I hope this helps in making this equation clearer.

Regards,

Bill Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)
ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers