RE: Laterally Loaded Pier Foundations

Any way you cut it, it is an iterative solution.

My favorite quick & dirty is Czerniak, "Resistance to Overturning of Single,
Short Piles", Journal of the Structural Division ASCE, March 1957.  It is
quick and easy, and contains nomographs (You can get an answer with a slide
rule!).

There is also the UBC Sect. 1806.8.

And there is the L Pile computer program.

Regards,
Harold Sprague