Re: corrosion of cor-ten type rebars

Prakash,

I have just finished an article on COR-TEN and other weathering steel
for the magazine The Fabricator.  Neither Bethlehem or US Steel
recommend using these materials in concrete unless suitably coated.
They do NOT, under any circumstance, offer any claif of "superior
corrosion resistance in concrete."  The "superior corrosion resistance"
is for "bare metal" applications, exposed to the weather.

Bart Kemper, P.E.