RE: Welding A615 Grade 60

An old CRSI document I have states that "the mill test analysis (available
upon request) for standard ASTM A615 billet bars is incomplete for
determining welding requirements under AWS D1.4-79. Special complete
analyses may be secured, usually at extra cost." Thus when requiring welding
of A615 bars, I usually note that chemical analysis as required to determine
weldability must be provided.

However I'm not sure whether the practice in mill test reports has changed
since then. One recent rebar mill test report I've seen does note the
"carbon equivalency" on the report. Does anyone know if the "standard" rebar
mill test report is now adequate to determine weldability?