RE: State of California & Building Code

The 97 UBC and all the state amendments to the UBC in the California
Building Code (CBC) that are designated on the side bar by L (local) are
required to be adopted by the local jurisdiction. The only exception is that
the jurisdictions can adopt more restrictive requirements due to local
climactic and geologic conditions. I know of one jurisdiction that did not
even adopt the 97 UBC provisions for exiting even though it is part of the
CBC.

Ben Yousefi, SE
San Jose, CA