More on Anchor Bolts

A customer just asked me to spec. "Chemical Capsule Anchors" for hold down on a 12' dia. x 70' vertical steel tank.  Apparently another firm recommended them for a similar tank installed on an existing slab, using (I think) 3/4" dia.  The values given to me state with 13.25" embedment, allowable load capacity (SF = 4) is 10875#.

First, this does yield an A36 bolt.
Second, how reliable is the installation?
Third, this will be new concrete.  Could that be an issue for the epoxy bond?

If this is commonly used, I'd be interested to know.  It seems needlessly risky to me, when insert plates with multiple anchor rods could be installed into the new concrete (in this case).  On the other hand, maybe they are the least bad option for a retro-fit.  Especially if the tank is on slab disallowing proper embedment?

Regards,

Ed Fasula EIT