Re: Load Combinations for ASD 9th

> Charlie Carter wrote:
>
> If you actually work out the language for service-load combinations in ASCE 7
> into equivalent equations for load combinations, you'll find that there are
> now more load combinations that must be checked in service-loads than in
> factored loads. So much for the claimed simplicity of ASD load combinations.

I never thought they were "simple". In fact, I was "seduced" by LRFD more from
the load side than from the resistance (material).

I also very much appreciate the tremendous effort that has gone into calibrating
the material-specific design codes for the standardized (ASCE 7) loadings.

Even ACI has acquiesced.