Re: More on Anchor Bolts

Ed Fasula wrote:

> First, this does yield an A36 bolt.

yeah, that's the intent.

> Second, how reliable is the installation?

Very. HILTI and others should be able to provide you with reports. Check out
http://www.hilti.com/

> Third, this will be new concrete.  Could that be an issue for the epoxy bond?

No, shouldn't be, except as the theoretical pull-out is a function of the square
root of f'c. Over time, though, no difference.

> If this is commonly used, I'd be interested to know.

It is commonly used, but I'm not sure why it would be "preferred" in your case,
with new construction, UNLESS the contractor is afraid his anchor bolt holes in
the base plate aren't going to be in the correct location.