Re: Grade @ Anchor Bolts

> Do multiple nuts on a threaded rod improve the anchorage performance?  I've
> done that to develop a holddown into a grouted concrete block wall.

Would depend on which side of the wall these nuts are located.  If you are putting two nuts on a rod, inserting the "nutted" end into a hole,  then grouting or using epoxy to seal the rod, I would say yes, the extra nut could add to the pull out value (especially if the corners of the nuts did not line up exactly).  If you have a rod sticking out of a wall, already anchored, the extra nut would simply
act as a jam nut and help keep the first nut from vibrating loose, but would not help or harm  the pull-out value of your rod in any way

Jim M