Re: P.E. Exam Requirements

Keith,

You will want to be careful about getting your PE in California first.
California requires fewer years of experience (2 years if I recall
correctly) to obtain a PE.  This can potentially create problems in
obtaining comity in some states.  I have heard of at least one story of
how someone could not get comity in a state because they were allowed to
take the PE exam in their original state prior to obtaining 4 years of
experience.  I beleive that most states would still allow comity even if
the other 2 years of experience were obtained after the getting a
California PE.

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE