AISC Vol. II Connections Bracing

Greetings,

I am trying to follow the logic associated with the
bracing connection examples found in Section 7 of the
green Connections book and I have a question:

When prying is being checked for the beam to column
connection, why is Hc (the gusset to column horizontal
force) used instead of Hb (the gusset to beam
horizontal force)?

The Hc force was already  transferred to the column in
the "Gusset to Column" calculation (top of p 7-121 for
example "Tb = 114/20 = 5.70 kips"), but then this Hc
is used again on page 7-123 for the beam to column
connection ("Tb = 114/10 = 11.4 kips").

I would think that Hb should be used at the beam to
column connection but I see that all of the bracing
calculations in the AISC Vol. II Conn. are
consistently using Hc (or the larger of Hc and the
Axial load)

Does anyone know who I can talk to to discuss this?  I
am under the gun to do a lot of bracing connection
calculations and need to know right away.

Thanks for your help

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
Northampton, PA