RE: Grade @ Anchor Bolts

I do not think the use of multiple bolts at the bottom of an anchor rod
would do much to improve the anchorage performance.  Steel Design Guide
Series 7, Industrial Buildings Roofs to Column Anchorage indicates that a
heavy hex nut is capable of developing the ultimate strength of the rod,
provided it is embedded properly.  If you want to increase the anchorage
performance (reduce the required embed depth?), you would need a larger
surface area at the bottom of the rod, not more depth like you would get
from multiple bolts.

Brian K. Smith, P.E.
Louisiana