Re: P.E. Exam Requirements

Keith Fix wrote:

> Bart,
>
> Which state(s) require an ethics and/or law test be passed before taking the
> PE?
>
> Keith Fix, PE
> Cromwell Architects Engineers

I know for a fact Louisiana and Texas require such a test.  It's open
book/open note/on your honor type thing, done at home.  It seems to me
to mostly make you aware of the law for that state AND tell you that
plan stamping, etc. is "bad."

Also, Louisiana has just joined the ranks of many states requiring
continued professional development, but that only kicks in AFTER you get
your P.E.  And congrats on getting your P.E.--it took me two shots to
make it (M.E.'s typically have a 25% pass rate--don't know why).

Good luck in your new status.

Bart Kemper, P.E.