RE: Laterally Loaded Pier Foundations

George Richards, P. E.   wrote:

<<We got a copy of Lpile Plus based on these
recommendations as well as those of a local soil engineer.  Next week I plan
on running the program and will pass on my thoughts if there is an
interest.>>

Thanks George, Pat and Harold for your help. I have used the UBC equations
which should do for this job and I've also ordered a reprint of "Resistance
to Overturning of Single, Short Piles" just because I like to play with my
slide rule now and then. Haven't figured out how I'm going to read the
nomographs with the edge of a circular slide rule yet though.

I would like to hear your opinion on the Lpile Plus program. We don't have
MathCad release 6.0 so can't run the Florida State program. If you have used
the Florida State program, how would you compare the two?

Thanks,
John MacLean