Re: The Patriot

Bakerhall1(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> Just seen the above flick, isn't it strange that the star left The U.S. in
> 1968 to avoid the Vietman draft for him and his brother!!
> JRBaker

I think its funnier that Gore is touting his Vietnam service when he
states in a Newsweek article he went just to preserve his political
career.  Nothing wrong with that, but he was under the personal
protection of Gen. Westmoreland, he never did his job as an Army
journalist (I should know...I was one!), never went where the story was
(COMBAT), never photographed combat nor fired his weapon, and only
served part of a normal hitch in Vietnam.  Sure, he wore the
uniform....but all he did is hold it up so he could go into politics.
He also went as enlisted instead of as an officer cuz officers were too
high-profile and tended to get targeted.

Bart Kemper