Local Area Network

We are a medium size structural engineering firm with about 12 to 15
employees and are considering a LAN to connect our computers, plotters, and
printers.

Our consultant is recommending a LAN with a dedicated server (rather than
peer to peer network).  We would welcome feedback and advice from firms who
have already done it.  How much disk space would be enough (or would it
ever be enough!).  Our consultant has configured a server with 18 GB.

Thanks.

Sunil Gupta, SE
Principal
OLMM Consulting Engineers