footing tie beams[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: footing tie beams
- From: "Alex Nacionales" <alexcnac(--nospam--at)skyinet.net>
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:59:44 +0800
I would appreciate input on the function of RC footing tiebeams. Does anybody know basis for using 10% of the column load to design reinforced concrete footing tie beams ? Since the tie beams are connected to RC columns , shouldn't it be designed for flexure induced by the columns also. How do you include the tiebeams in the
Based on the 10% column load rule, the footing beams can
be part of a foundation diaphrapm to transfer base shear to shear walls in the case of dual or shear wall system.
How about in SMRSF system?
- Prev by Subject: Re: FM 1-90?
- Next by Subject: Forensic Engineering September Dinner Meeting
- Previous by thread: RE: ACI318-99 load combination question
- Next by thread: The Patriot