From: Scott E Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2000 1:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: PE exam

Technically, I believe in most states that a PE license takes effect that
day that the exam was actually taken an passed.  For example, I had taken
and passed the exam in the month of October.  My license (when I received
it) stated that it went into effect in October.  The thing to keep in mind
is that it typically takes about 3 months or so to find out the results of
the exam.  Therefore, even thought you may have passed and your license if
technically in effect, you still KNOW that you passed and the license went
into effect for about 3 months after the fact.

Scott Maxwell, PE, SE