Re: Local Area Network

I knew I should have thought about what I asked before posting.

I was thinking "file and print" server when you mentioned "peer to peer"
and thought you were cautioning against this (file and print) as opposed to
an "application" server.

I've been wrestling with the pros and cons of an application server. I
presently have the "other" kind and find it quite suitable for a small
office. Another post (by hans boge) nicely describes the differences.

Now for a related question. What software? I use a Compaq Neoserver with
preinstalled web browser driven network software, but have wondered about
Linux eServer. Anyone have experience with this??

Barry H. Welliver