Re: The Patriot

Yep, one of them took jet fighter training, and was on call to go--and would
have gone--had the U.S. government seen fit.

The other was a photographer whose Senator father made a deal with the DoD to
have bodyguards with him wherever he went. All in the name of "maintaining your
viability within the system".

Oh, BTW, my stepfather was in the Air Force, and got sent to Thailand where he
worked in a warehouse on a base that serviced B-52s. I guess he "evaded"
Vietnam, too, huh?

Finally, one of them has actually run a business, paid taxes and done "real
work"; the other has fed from the public trough all his life.

That seems to be somehow relevant to me, too.